Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Mom-made for McKenna

I made a few things for McKenna this week, like this Powerpuff Girls shirt:

She and Bubbles kind of look alike with their big blue eyes and pigtails (though the pigtails never last long before she pulls them out). McKenna is fearless like a Powerpuff Girl too, and hard to catch when she's zooming all around.

I also made her this dress, which is my new favorite creation:

It's composed of parts I got at various estate sales over the years and then set aside. This is why I don't get rid of stuff - because one day the right project comes along and all those pieces I was saving come together perfectly.

After I put it on her, she said, "Tankoo mommy" and gave me a kiss. Awwwww.

With the little elastic I had left, I made her this corsage:

Which she quickly yanked off and threw in the bushes. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...