Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Patchwork Recapwork

The Patchwork Indie Arts and Crafts Festival was this past Saturday. This was my 3rd time participating in this show and as always, it was awesome.

My booth was smack dab at the entrance to the Harvey's lot.


I have a tent, but I never use it. I like the way my stuff looks all out in the open. Consequently though, I have to endure the blazing sun all day. Sunscreen + water + sunglasses are a must. I forgot my sunglasses in the car but thankfully my switchboards/Flickr/Facebook/Twitter/craft show friend Shari watched my booth while I retrieved them.

Thanks Shari! It was a nice afternoon spent catching up with fellow crafters, seeing customers from former shows, meeting new people, and sending lots of kokoleos off into the O.C. I debuted a bunch of new eyeglass lens necklaces:

And sold several magnets and necktie accessories:

As part of what I called my "Recession Special" I reduced all bags and grownup clothes to 50% off and tossed a bunch of stuff in a $5 box. I know how much I like a bargains so I like to give some to my customers as well. It helps to get rid of old inventory and all those low dollar amounts add up. Speaking of bargains, I got these cool button rings from Tacos n Eggrolls:


$9 for both! A steal! I also scored a cool crafty handgun t-shirt from fellow vendor Steph of Hearts and Laserbeams. I won it last week simply by leaving a comment on her blog. I also won a Yelp! tote at the Yelp! booth for signing up for their mailing list and pulling out a winning Jenga block. (I didn't tell them that I sign up for their mailing list every time I see them at an event in hopes of winning a tote. I guess I can stop now.)

Yay for a great day, good sales, and cool new stuff!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great day!! LOVE some of the new eyeglass necklaces...very cool!!!

Kokoleo rocks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...