Tuesday, July 07, 2009

kokoleo in kids LA magazine

There's a new parenting magazine on newsstands in Southern California called kidsLA. When I first saw it I was struck with it's unique style and awesome photography, as well as it's local interest stories and emphasis on green living. After reading the issue I bought a subscription and wrote to Jemma Gafford, the editor-in-chief, to offer my craft tutorial writing services for any future issues.

And that's how I came to be in the summer issue:

That's me up there in the corner sipping an old-skool pop tab Pepsi at Wrightsville Beach circa 1976.

And here's the article I wrote on sun printing:

Sun printing is a fun project where you lay objects on top of specially treated photo-sensitive fabric (I got mine here) and end up with one-of-a-kind shadow prints. The kids enjoyed making them and I enjoyed writing about our experience. It's the kind of project that inspires even more crafty projects to happen. Here's a shirt I made for Erik with the sunprint he designed with his paintbrushes:

And here's a hanging pincushion I made from a sqaure decorated with my sewing notions:

We still have 12 squares left and I can't wait to make a new batch. I'm already envisioning patchwork scarves and garland flags for the kids rooms. Thanks kidsLA for the inspiration and for allowing me to be a part of such an awesome magazine!

3 comments:

susie said...

WOW, that's so cool! You definitely deserve a BIG congratulations! I'll have to look for the magazine....looks interesting.

sugarcreekstuff said...

I love the model in your spread. Yay!
I sent an award your way.

jasonbob said...

golden goose outlet
yeezy supply
kyrie irving shoes
pandora bracelet
pandora bracelet
yeezy sneakers
yeezy
pandora bracelet
jordan retro
curry shoes

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...